Everyone who comes into contact with the practice, who may or may not wish to make use of the services available should be treated with dignity and respect. No-one should receive less favourable treatment on any grounds and all contacts should be free from any discrimination.
Should you have any concerns or comments please speak to the Practice Manager. Alternatively, if you feel you cannot approach the practice, you have the right to approach the 'Patient Advice and Support Services', known as 'PASS'. Their website can be accessed by clicking here or by clicking on the link on the right hand side of the screen.
Our aim is to work in partnership with you, this involves commitment and responsibilities on both of us, and a summary is given below:
With your rights come responsibilities, ensuring that you obtain the absolute best from the service.
As patients, you are responsible for your own health and it is important that you listen to and action information and advice given and co-operate in keeping yourself and those you are responsible for in the best of health possible.
We would respectfully ask you also to be aware of the following:
- You are responsible for keeping appointments with us.
- Please cancel appointments that you will not be able to make or no longer need.
- Please advise us if you are going to be late for you appointment, generally if you are over 20 minutes late you will need to re-arrange your appointment.
- Treat staff with courtesy and respect. Reception staff may have to ask some personal questions to assist us in providing you with the best service.
Please inform the practice of any alterations in your circumstances, such as change of surname, address or telephone number. Please ensure we have your correct telephone number, even if it is ex-directory.
Our Commitments to You
- We will aim for you to have access to a suitably qualified medical professional with 48 hours of your initial contact during surgery hours, or in an a urgent case, the same day.
- We will work in partnership with you to achieve the best medical care possible.
- We will involve you and listen to your opinions and views in all aspects of your medical care.
The medical and nursing staff will advise you on what you can do to stay in good health and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
If you do have an ongoing condition, we will work in partnership with you to achieve the best care possible.